May 6, 2012

Supermoon

There are some really dramatic photos on the web of last nights supermoon!
I think there's a supermoon every year, each time the moon is the closest to the earth for that year. But when I heard that last night the moon was the closest to the earth that it will be until 2029, I thought I'd better run outside and snap a couple of pictures of it myself.

I took these pictures at dawn this morning, just before the moon set. The moon wasn't as close or as fantastic looking as it was in the night. And although these pictures are rather unspectacular compared to the amazing web photos, it surely was neat to see the moon looking so large in the sky!

2 comments:

Candy C. said...

I like your Supermoon pictures! The sunrise gives the moon a cool pinkish tint!
I tried to take some picture Saturday night but they just didn't turn out very good. :(

Anonymous said...

the things we think of when we look up at the moon at night. what does it do to us that we gaze with such wonder at it. sometimes our eyes just well up as we gaze. oh the power of the moon . thanks for the pics countrygirl