October 27, 2011

Something Mysterious and Creepy

I found this creepy-crawly on my fence the other day.

He turned away from me when I got down close and started taking pictures.I've seen his kind around here before, but I don't know exactly what he is.I think he looks a bit like a dragon (or an insect dressed as a dragon for halloween).He moved slowly, one tentacle like leg in front of the other. His body was about an inch and a half long. I think that he has wings but he wasn't using them.

He is a mystery to me...... can anyone identify this bug?

4 comments:

homegrown countrygirl said...

UPDATE: I poked around online and found a fun website called "What's That Bug" (www.whatsthatbug.com). So many people have sent pictures of this type of bug to them that they named the Wheel Bug "Bug of the Month twice before, in November 2008 and November 2010. It's a stink bug relative.

MARARIA said...

hey you got it! it´s the wheel bug...

Candy C. said...

As the theme from The Adams Family runs through my head...he really is creepy! We don't have his kind around these here parts!

homegrown countrygirl said...

MARARIA ~ It was easy to figure out after I found that fun website! I'll probably look at that website again because I sometimes find wierd little insects that I don't know.

Candy C. ~ You probably have things that are much scarier than wierd looking bugs where you live... like lots of deadly snakes, right? I'll keep my odd looking bug, thank you!